Director of Training & Flight Operations
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Director of Training & Flight Operations for an opportunity in Nagoya, Japan.
- Training services include the development of courseware, training devices, training manuals and delivery of initial and recurrent training for Pilots, Technical/Mechanics, Cabin Crews, Ground Servicing Crews, and Dispatchers within an airline. In addition, this person must manage the relationship and performance of selected training service provider.
- Development, verification/validation and certification of flight operations manuals
- Flight Operations Engineering support to customers
- Responsibilities include establishing deliverable commitments, establishing work priorities, creating and managing the development process, creating the team and team structure, implementing governance and communication processes, and evaluating the performance of the group.
- Development and maintenance of training documentation for each course offered
- Ensure there are sufficient qualified training instructors located at training delivery sites
- Ensure training devices (e.g., Full Flight Simulators (FFS), Integrated Procedures Trainers (IPT), Virtual Maintenance Trainers (VMT), Computer Based Training (CBT), Door Trainer and Cabin Trainers) & training facilities meet training objectives and are certified (where applicable) by regulators
- Obtain regulator certifications such as OSD, FSB, etc.
- Commitment of training services (both proforma and for fee) to customers as part of the airplane sales process
- Scheduling customer training at a location that minimizes customer travel costs, meets customer requirements for timing (schedule), and fits within the Training Program strategy.
- Ensure documents meet industry standards for content and format by participating in and influencing industry standards board that define flight operations documentation requirements
- Create airplane performance databases and may provide specialized training courses to customers to assist them in their understanding and use of the airplane and documents
- Qualified candidates must hold an engineering degree from an accredited Engineering School.
- Candidates must have worked in commercial aerospace for an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), and have 5 or more years in managerial positions providing Training and/or Flight Operations management functions to commercial airline customers.
- Commercial pilots license preferred.
- Candidates must have skills and experience managing Partners and Suppliers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.