- Internal Staff
- LAUNCH Professional
- LAUNCH Teams - Avionics/AOG
- Mechanic + Technician
- A&P Mechanic (43)
- Aircraft Inspector (8)
- Aircraft Painter (4)
- Avionics Installer (8)
- Avionics Technician (9)
- Cabinet Maker (3)
- Component Technician (9)
- Composite Technician (4)
- Core Professional (2)
- GSE Mechanic (5)
- General Labor (2)
- Interior Mechanic (5)
- Machinist (5)
- Materials Handler (3)
- NDT (1)
- OEM Positions (4)
- Shipping/Receiving Clerk (8)
- Structures Mechanic (18)
- Upholster (2)
- Welder (1)
- Assembly (4)
- Warehouse Manufacturing
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Senior Application Engineers (controls) for an opportunity in Bothell, WA
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior Applications Engineer (Controls) works with Engineers of various disciplines on design, build and validation of complex electro-mechanical/Mechatronic systems.
The position of Senior Applications Engineer demands dedication, flexibility, sound judgment, and reliability. The job performance of this position affects the success of the program, as well as the profitability of the company, and our relationships with our customers. This position works under moderate supervision.
- This position normally reports to the Automated Systems Manager.
- Work with other engineers to concept, develop and design conventional and automated tooling systems and customized machine tools for the Aerospace industry.
- Capable of independently developing and programming complex machine or machine system controls including PLC, CNC, and HMI development optimal solutions.
- Select, implement, and control actuators, motors and other hardware for motion control solutions.
- Apply NEC code, NFPA 79, UL508A, ANSI B11, and OHSA industrial regulations ensure safe and compliant machine design. Knowledge of international standards such as the IEC and ISO 13849 is a plus.
- Manage multiple complex projects from conception through commission including post-sales support activities.
- Mentor junior engineers and periodically assist with programming validation.
- Participates in project status and progress reviews with other departments, senior management and customer and suppliers.
- Responsible and accountable for design integrity and the quality assurance of documentation of all designs for which he or she is responsible.
- Prepare bid packages, evaluate new equipment, review and approve drawings.
- Is diligent to identify and define out-of-scope tasks and obtains proper budget authority from Lead or senior management prior to proceeding.
- Refrains from any conduct that might be considered by others to be offensive, abusive, or discriminatory.
- Ensures the maintenance of clean and orderly work areas and prevents the accumulation of unnecessary paperwork, documentation, files, etc.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Experience in programming advanced automation and motion systems, including, safety, PLC and CNC, I/O, and HMI’s. Siemens experience highly preferred. Fanuc, Allen-Bradley, Rexroth and Omron experience beneficial.
- Experience with AC induction, DC, and Servo motors and drives.
- Develop system documentation, Control system operation and maintenance manuals and usage instructions.
- Collaborate with assembly team to ensure successful fabrication of designs.
- Ability to prepare and formally present concepts, progress and status of projects to management and customers.
- Effectively communicates information and project data to team members, management, and customers and suppliers. Strong verbal and written communications skills including the ability to see, hear, and speak clearly.
- Ability to effectively work without conflict with other departments, subordinates, management, and customer and supplier representatives.
- Function effectively in a diverse working environment and practice a participative approach to all assigned tasks.
- Must be able to work, at the company or customer facilities, in excess of eight hours per day or 40 hours per week on a second shift and/or weekends if necessary. Occasionally, hours worked maybe up to 12 per day or as much as 72 per week.
- Sufficiently mobile to conduct business throughout company and customer facilities, including aircraft final assembly tooling and facilities. Must be able to travel, by car and air, extensively if necessary.
- Must possess good analytical and deductive reasoning abilities and memory skills. Must be highly organized, thorough, and possess and practice good record keeping skills.
- BS degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or a related discipline required.
- 7+ years of experience
- Knowledge/experience in general robotics/machines, Mechatronics and control systems
- Knowledge of circuit design, control theory/design, dynamics/kinematics
- Experience programming PLC’s and/or CNC’s
- Experience in ePlan® a plus
- Candidate must be eligible to work unrestricted for any US employer – sponsorship not available.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.