Supplier Surveillance/Development Specialist
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Supplier Surveillance/Development Specialist with extensive aerospace manufacturing experience.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing supplier management from a logistic perspective, including strategic discussions and communication to ensure objectives are met. This position requires a high level of relationship building and relationship maintenance skills with a significant financial impact on the business.
- Responsible to lead continuous improvement activities on-site at suppliers; provides support and extensive knowledge of processes at every operation sequence to ensure schedules for delivery of product as well as contractual quality and costs are met utilizing high level and effective relationship building communication.
- Reviews manufacturing and special processes at the supplier to ensure compliance and identify improvement opportunities; evaluates total cost of procurement for best sourcing decisions. Manage and monitor supply chain to support P & L initiatives and objectives such as continuous improvement, lean manufacturing and capacity assessment and monitoring.
- Acts as program manager for product transitions (additions or deletions), performs risk mitigation and supplier capacity analysis as part of process; deploys OEM rate readiness reviews.
- Engages poor performing suppliers at the direction of SCM management to identify root cause and create and manage project plans for corrective actions to ensure delivery of quality, on-time supplies; performs follow ups and monitors based on RCCA responses.
- Performs assessments of suppliers to determine status category (i.e. manage out, increase volume, status quo) and collaborates with SCM specialists and commodity managers to support category and commodity management goals.
- Engages with NPI suppliers to assist in managing test schedules, qualification activities and facilitates communication with responsible engineering team.
- Works with various organizations such as Engineering and Quality to ensure delivery of parts which meet specs as outlined in contracts at the best value.
- Utilizes combination of Supply Chain management, lean concepts, operations and quality systems to perform required duties.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor level degree Engineering, Business or other appropriate discipline from an accredited college or university and 8 or more years of experience to include 4 years of supplier management; heavy manufacturing experience.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Must be willing and able to travel approximately 70% – 80% of the time. Actual travel requirements will vary based on assigned suppliers.
- Six sigma green belt required, black belt preferred.
- Exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills to include effective, persuasive communication style while maintaining and building good relationships with suppliers; must be both professional and assertive in manner to ensure the supplier’s perspective is considered while ensuring company’s best interest
- Exceptional program/project management skills
- Ability to work with stakeholders at all levels including executives.
- Ability to present data in a visually and orally succinct manner.
- Ability to deal with difficult suppliers and to identify potential risks or errors.
- Proven skill in developing supplier relationships and understanding of related Legal terms and concepts.
- Ability to resolve conflicts and keep projects on track.
- A self-starter, ability to take initiative
- High level of organization and the ability to handle multiple time sensitive deadlines.
- Sound working knowledge of computer systems and applications and competent in the use of standard software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Some working knowledge of Access is preferred or desirable.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.