LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking aircraft painters with experience on Commercial aircraft for an opportunity in Greensboro, NC.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Aircraft Painter will be responsible for the preparation and painting for the repair, modification and overhaul of aircraft and related equipment and parts in compliance with policies, manuals, procedures and requirements.
Qualifications and requirements:
- 2+ years of aircraft painting experience.
- Ability to prepare and paint to an OEM paint standard with minimal supervision.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Participate in all phases of aircraft stripping and repainting including, but not restricted to preparation of the aircraft for primer, primer application, topcoat application, design layout, application, and final detail.
- Prepare aircraft surfaces for painting, including sanding, taping, etc.
- Apply and remove stripper.
- Apply striping and decals.
- Dispose of hazardous waste in an appropriate manner.
- Select paint according to company requirements, and match colors of paint following color charts.
- Mix paints to match color specifications or aircraft original colors, then stir and thin paint, using power mixing equipment.
- Remove paint from aircraft surfaces in preparation for paint application, using abrasives and solvents.
- Pour paint into spray guns, and adjust nozzles and paint mixes in order to get the proper paint flow and coating thickness.
- Monitor paint operations in order to identify flaws such as blisters and streaks.
- Sand aircraft surfaces between coats of paint and/or primer in order to remove flaws and enhance adhesion for subsequent coats.
- Mask other surfaces with tape or paper in order to protect them from paint.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.