Structural Analysis Engineer
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Structural Analysis Engineer in Minneapolis, MN.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform a variety of engineering work in designing, constructing, and testing aircraft components, the majority of which are manufactured from composite materials. Develops and supervises the design/repair of aircraft composite and/or sheet-metal components used on a fleet of aircraft made up of multiple aircraft manufacturers. The successful candidate serves as an engineer driving commercial aircraft component repair compliance projects. This position works very closely with component engineering, fleet engineering, internal shops, external vendors and MRO customers.
Qualifications and requirements:
- 15+ years experience
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering with 3-5 years aviation related experience, or Masters Degree in Engineering with 1-3 years aviation related experience, or Ph.D. Degree in Engineering.
- Must have a high level of understanding of composite structural analysis techniques, with focus on component maintenance and repair design.
- Previous airline, military, OEM or MRO experience with commercial aircraft is preferred.
- Familiarity with airline flight operations and support systems, 14 CFR 121 dispatch regulations and 14 CFR 145 repair station regulations are desired.
- Must have strong customer service orientation and relationship management skills, strong project management skills; written and verbal communication skills; multi-tasking abilities; proven results-orientation; and strong analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products and AUTOCAD, or similar, is desired.
- Work is performed without appreciable direction. Considerable latitude is provided in determining technical objectives of assignment.
- A wide knowledge of other engineering related disciplines is also desired. Accurately anticipates the not so obvious impact of various solutions to technical problems. Provides feasible alternatives to solve complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- The winning candidate must be an excellent orator.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.