Quality Controller – Training, Tooling, and HSE
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Quality Controller with experience in an MRO paint shop environment for an opportunity in Mobile, AL.
The Quality Controller is responsible for developing, implementing, and administering controls necessary to maintaining training, tooling, health, safety, and environmental programs compliant to regulatory, company, and customer standards.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Valid/active A&P license required
- Manages the training programs associated with aircraft painting, health, safety, and environment, including program development, implementation, record keeping, and recurrence;
- Develops, monitors, and revises (as necessary) the tooling controls associated with aircraft painting, including security, usage tracking, calibration, and maintenance of all relevant tooling and equipment;
- Identifies the relevant health, safety, and environmental regulations affecting operations, designs risk matrices and mitigating plans to address concerns, and ensures compliance with all regulatory, company, and customer standards;
- Assists the Chief Inspector in the performance of inspections (aircraft, site, etc.) and audits (policy, procedure, record keeping, etc.); and
- Other job duties and appointments as may be assigned.
- High level knowledge of the quality regulations and standards controlling manufacturing (OEM) and aftermarket (MRO) commercial aircraft painting production (Includes AS9100, ISO9001, and ISO14001); and
- Demonstrated knowledge of teaching/ training methodologies in a technical trade environment, preferably relating to aircraft maintenance and/ or industrial coatings.
- Proficient understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, Including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; and
- Proficient understanding of web based file and information sharing systems with the ability to upload, download, and edit records stored in various digital formats.
- Read, interpret, and comply with Repair Station Quality Manual, Production Certificate Quality Manual, Standard Operation Procedures, Federal Aviation Regulations, Technical Manuals, Drawings, and Specifications.
- This position may work with hazardous and non-hazardous chemicals and products to perform required tasks.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have a valid drivers license. Must be willing and able to drive company vehicles or rental vehicles as directed.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.