LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Paint Manager for an opportunity in Syracuse, NY.
The Paint Manager will be leading a team of up to 30 individuals and will be responsible for painting entire aircraft based on drawings received
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Extensive experience as an aircraft painter
- Management experience
- Must be able to strip and paint entire aircraft, in case team need help
- A&P License preferred but not required
- Meet safety standards, housekeeping standards, delivery schedule, quality objectives, company and federal rules and regulations.
- Manage crew assigned to their aircraft (including contractors).
- Manage all resources paying special attention to attendance, break times, productivity and job performance.
- Complete monthly appraisals on assigned zonal supervisors, planner and parts coordinators assigned to their aircraft.
- Administer disciplinary actions as required.
- Ensure budget and delivery schedule is maintained.
- Meeting notes must be taken to update the flowchart and daily progress report.
- Conduct customer meeting to review variances to the aircraft flow, parts issues, engineering issues, etc. Meeting notes are to be taken and maintained by the aircraft manager.
- Ensure non-routines are written and worked to ensure maximum revenue and profitability is considered.
- Ensure all zonal supervisors are completing detailed turnovers and that all turnover logs are properly completed and signed.
- Complete daily and monthly audits to ensure proper housekeeping and rules/regulations are being followed.
- Ensure proper control of customer/company materials, ensure they are properly tagged and minimize any waste.
- Ensure all safety procedures are being followed at all times (PPE usage, proper stands, and fall restraint).
- Monitor overall activity by being on the aircraft. Make yourself visible and available. Correct situations immediately.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Repairman Preferred
- 10 years heavy maintenance experience; 5 years supervisory experience
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Computer skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.