LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Stress Engineer for an opportunity in Independence, OH.
- Expert knowledge of strength, stability, residual strength, fatigue and fracture analyses of detail designs of landing gear structural components using both computer modeling and analysis methods and classical calculation methods.
- Construct and analyze finite element structural models using ABAQUS
- Construct beam “stick” models and generate internal loads
- Perform preliminary sizing and detailed analysis of major structural components using classical analysis and FEA methods in support of preliminary design effort and formal drawing release
- Assist with preliminary design trade studies
- Prepare high quality detailed stress reports for customer review and MRB support
- Review drawings with other company disciplines and provide structures input
- Analyze structural repairs for landing gear and systems structural components
- Working Knowledge of CATIA V5
- Good understanding of aerospace materials and manufacturing processes
- Responsible and accountable for all assigned stress tasks and its completion dates
- Ensure compliance to UTAS-LS engineering methodologies
- Strong background of strength, stability, residual strength, fatigue and fracture analyses of metallic primary structural components using both computer modeling analysis methods and classical hand analysis methods.
- Clear understanding of external loads, load paths and development of component and system free body diagrams
- Demonstrated ability to develop internal loads using beam model FE methods
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Strong understanding of aerospace materials
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes
- Proficient at using computing tools and programs including MathCAD, MS Office, Windows, and FE
- Experience with ABAQUS or ANSYS is required
- Prior use of PDM/PLM system (Smarteam, MatrixOne, Teamcenter)
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong interpersonal skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- 5+ years of directly related stress analysis experience required
- FEA analysis experience
- 3D modeling background
- Must be US Person
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.