Senior Environmental Health & Safety Coordinator
LAUNCH technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Sr. EH&S Coordinator in Santa Maria, CA.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Sr. EHS Coordinator manages and implements environmental health and safety (EH&S) programs for an aerospace manufacturing facility comprised of five buildings and up to 2000 employees. Responsibilities include hazard identification evaluation and control, accident/injury prevention, hazardous materials/waste management, emergency preparedness, fire/life safety, ergonomics, industrial hygiene, and environmental regulatory compliance. Responsible for the management, maintenance and implementation of E H & S using practical solutions
The Sr. EH&S Coordinator implements and maintains a comprehensive environmental, health and safety system. The position achieves corporate goals for environmental, health, and safety performance and ensures compliance with EH&S polices and applicable regulations.
- Works to ensure compliance with EH&S regulations and permit requirements.
- EH&S record keeping and timely submission of periodic reports to regulatory agencies.
- Lead emergency response activities
- Support and review emergency programs (facilitate drills).
- Interface with regulatory authorities as appropriate.
- Lead Job Safety Assessments and other elements of safety integral to EHS performance.
- Develop and revise safety plans.
- Prioritize major hazards and risks, and ensure actions are taken to mitigate or eliminate risks.
- Assist and/or lead incident investigations and participate in management review of all serious incidents.
- Lead, coordinate, and participate in EH&S performance improvement initiatives
- Provide support and guidance to safety committee as a member.
- Participate in annual budget development process.
- Lead internal audits and coordinate external EH&S audits, close audit findings and implement audit recommendations.
- Identify and track Safety and Environmental metrics, providing information to employees and management.
- Implement and maintain EH&S management systems in support of the company EH&S policies and standards.
- Track, report, and analyze the EH&S performance and implement corrective action as necessary.
- Develop and maintain action items.
- Develop, review, and adjust safety and environmental training programs.
- Train as appropriate on requirements and procedures for EH&S compliance:
Leadership & Capability Building
- Conduct regular reviews with leadership and prioritize EH&S issues.
- Act as a liaison between corporate EH&S & company.
- Working knowledge of 5S and Lean manufacturing techniques.
- Direct supervision toward appropriate light duty tasks for injured personnel.
- Performs duties required to keep business in compliance with all air, water, and waste regulations.
- Creates permit applications Monitors and tracks air emission data, collects storm water samples, creates annual reports, and audits to ensure compliance.
- Interfaces with regulatory agencies on environmental, health, and/or safety issues.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Engineering/Science, or equivalent experience.
Experience: 1-3 years experience in related field.
Computer Skills: MS Excel (2007 advance user, 2010), proficient with MS Office programs (Office, PowerPoint & Word)
Other Skills: Experience with air permitting, Health and Wellness, OSHA, ISO14001, OHSAS18001, EMS, Business Continuity Planning, “Green” Manufacturing, LEAN concepts, Method 9 certification
Valid California Drivers License
Position located at ZSH site(s) in Santa Barbara County, CA with oversight responsibilities in the Chihuahua, Mexico site. Less than 25% travel expected.
- Must be able to work unrestricted for any US employer. Visa sponsorship not available including OPT.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.