LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an Aircraft Painter for an opportunity in Greenville, SC.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Prep aircraft surface for paint by removing or scuff sanding existing coatings, corrosion removal, and treatment of sub-straight, mask, prime, paint aircraft surfaces and/or parts to prevent corrosion, provide a quality cosmetic appearance, layout and apply required markings to include stripes and two tone surfaces.
Qualifications and requirements:
- 5 yrs of aircraft and/or automotive paint application experience is required.
- Read and interpret engineering Paint drawings, technical manuals, understanding symbols, flags, and general notes is required.
- Ability to conduct mathematics up to the algebraic level.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Detail surfaces and prepare for paint by cleaning, stripping, abrading or chemically treating
- Perform basic fiber glass repairs using fillers or high build primers
- Wash aircraft surfaces prior to painting
- Mask aircraft surfaces as necessary protecting sensitive components, final wiping prior to paint application, prime and paint
- Use of proper painting techniques, mixing ratio’s, correct paint viscosity, identification of improper and/or unacceptable finish application
- Use various types of hand tools and/or hand-help power tools, grinders, sanders, paint guns, tape measure, etc.
- Must be able comply with OSHA and Government regulations.
- Must be able to work in a efficient manner while maintaining a clean, FOD-free work area.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.