Director of Quality
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Director of Quality with extensive aerospace manufacturing experience.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Confers with management, customers, and other representatives in the planning, scheduling, coordinating and directing the quality assurance program in conformance with FAA, customer requirements, engineering specifications and production schedules. Performs designated airworthiness functions as directed.
- Analyzes, evaluates, and presents information concerning factors such as business situations, production capabilities, manufacturing problems, economic trends, and design and development of new products for consideration by other members of management team.
- Suggests alternative methods and procedures in solving problems and meeting changing market opportunities. Cooperates with other top management personnel in formulating and establishing company policies, operating procedures, and goals.
- Develops initial and subsequent modifications of product assurance program to delineate areas of responsibility, personnel requirements, and operational procedures within program.
- Evaluates contents of reports from product assurance program department heads and confers with top management personnel preparatory to formulating fiscal budget for product assurance program.
- Conducts management meetings with product assurance program department heads to establish, delineate, and review program organizational policies, to coordinate functions and operations between departments, and to establish responsibilities and procedures for attaining objectives.
- Reviews technical problems and procedures of departments and recommends solutions to problems or changes in procedures. Reviews technical publications, articles, and abstracts to stay abreast of technical developments in industry.
- Confers with engineers about quality assurance of new products designed and manufactured products on market to rectify problems. Visits and confers with representatives of material and component vendors to obtain information related to supply quality, capacity of vendor to meet orders, and vendor quality standards. Provides guidance to Stakeholders and teams on development, performance and productivity issues.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Experience may be substituted for the formal education and training requirements in this section at the discretion of management. Bachelor Degree in Management or equivalent and a minimum of fifteen (15) years experience in Quality Assurance with five (5) years experience in management.
- Directs from 2 to 5 managers and through them 20 to 50 professional, technical and production and maintenance Stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively using electronic media and in written and verbal forms.
- Sound working knowledge of computer systems and applications and competent in the use of standard software applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Make telephone and direct personal contact with internal and external personnel and make formal presentations to small or large groups.
- Must have a working knowledge of Total Quality Assurance and Statistical Process Control.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.