Senior Quality Engineer
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Senior Quality Engineer with extensive aerospace manufacturing experience.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Applies extensive knowledge of principles, theories, concepts and industry practices and standards in planning and directing activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for industrial processes, materials, and products.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems requiring independent judgment and ingenuity to modify standards and procedures relative to planning and directing activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for industrial processes, materials, and products.
- Management applies general guidance related to resolution of complex problems and outcomes.
- Conducts analytical studies on simple to complex engineering proposals to develop and initiate standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
- Analyzes research data and proposed product specifications to determine feasibility of product proposal.
- Confers with research personnel to clarify or resolve problems.
- Devises sampling procedures and designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Establishes programs to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement, and analytical equipment and facilities.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material and devises methods to assess cost and responsibility.
- May perform on site quality audits of vendors for initial qualification, maintaining vendor qualification and quality problem resolution.
- Directs workers engaged in measuring and testing product and tabulating data concerning materials, product, or process quality and reliability.
- Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions on quality control activities.
- Functions as project leader, when assigned, and provides technical leadership to 1 to 3 Stakeholders in the Quality Assurance Department.
- Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications and requirements:
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and six (6) or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Strong MS Office skills: Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel.
ASQC Professional Certification Preferred
Optimally utilize all channels of communications.
Ability to prioritize workloads and show flexibility to changing situations/demands.
Superior organizational and analytical skills with keen attention to detail and quality.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.