LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an Avionics Engineer for an opportunity in Everett, WA.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Develop engineering design, analysis, and substantiation documentation in support of avionics and electrical modification programs. Duties will include management of tasks independently with assignments provided by the Project Lead or Engineering Management. Duties will also include providing guidance and assistance for less-experienced Engineering staff, and interaction with different members of internal and external organizations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Interface and coordinate with other Avionics/Electrical Engineers for input on system interface wiring requirements to support the electrical harness and equipment installations
• Develop and design avionics & electrical systems, at the aircraft level, for aircraft installations such as; Cabin Management, IFE, BC/ Seat Accommodations, Interior Lighting for interior integration modification programs
• Develop and design avionics systems to support aircraft updates and modifications such as; Communications, Navigation, Recording & Monitoring, Instrumentation and other aircraft related avionics systems
• Develop electrical and avionics system compliance and substantiation Documents/Reports in support of FAA, EASA and other Foreign CAA approvals
• Develop aircraft drawing and document packages to include; System Schematics Manuals, Fault Isolation Manuals, Wiring Diagrams, Wire Lists, Connector Lists, Hookup Lists and Parts Lists
• Develop engineering plans, reports and substantiation packages to include; Test plans, EWIS, AFMS, FMEA, SSA, TVSA, ELA
• Perform technical review of supplier documentation to support electrical and avionics system requirements
• Develop Engineering Orders and Work Instructions for aircraft installations
• Review existing technical data, technical drawings, and previous history for entire aircraft systems; avionics, electrical and mechanical
• Provide written technical accomplishment instructions for aircraft modifications, or repairs to maintenance, customer, and regulatory authorities as necessary
• Communicate technical details of designs through technical writing and computer drafting functions
• Coordinate and assist in implementing new policies and procedures within the Engineering department to help improve efficiency
• Plan, review, organize, and prioritize engineering assignments to ensure completeness of tasks and maintains responsiveness in order to maintain aircraft, component, and engineering program schedules
• Carries out the policies and procedures of ATS and ATS Engineering and notifies Engineering Management when these procedures are not followed
• Position may require overnight travel, being on-call, and responding to technical AOG situations during off hours
• Position may require being assigned to alternative shifts such as Day, Night, Swing, and Weekends
• Assist Engineering Management with additional tasks when business needs arise
• Perform other duties as assigned
Initiate technical instructions that are substantiated by data acceptable to or approved by the FAA. For technical instruction pertaining to work accomplished on aircraft or components operated under FAR Part 91, 121 and 145, authority is as specified by the air carrier’s procedures and/or ATS Repair Station Manual.
Duties shall include observing all company, health, safety and environmental rules, ensuring that you are provided with full information on your area specific safety issues, all unique hazards are identified, and you are provided with the proper equipment to carry out your job in a safe manner. Also, the entire work area must be maintained to a high standard of housekeeping and low incidence of physical hazards and all accidents must be promptly reported to your supervisor or manager.
Qualifications and requirements:
- In depth knowledge of FAA and EASA compliance requirements in support of electrical and avionics systems and installations
- Understands wire schematics and system block diagrams
- Extensive technical knowledge of Boeing and Airbus aircraft for commercial models related to electrical and avionics systems
- Ability to work and make decisions independently with limited supervision
- Strong working knowledge of My Boeing Fleet and Airbus World for OEM data sets.
- Thorough knowledge of equipment/wire installation
- Knowledge of electrical and avionics standards such as; RTCA, ARINC and SAE.
- Ability to trouble-shoot electrical and avionics systems
- Competent user of CAD and data management systems
- Ability to understand and derive multiple customer standard electrical system requirements
- Must be able to provide layouts and program design reviews
- Coaches and mentors others on best design practices
- Ability to work well independently and cross-functionally across multiple organizations
- Strong communication, time-management and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to travel as required
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Electrical Engineering desired with a minimum of ten (10) years relevant aerospace experience or 15 years of equivalent aircraft design experience required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.