Apply OnlineApply by Email
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Buyer with aviation experience for an opportunity in Atlanta, GA.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
LAUNCH is looking for a person with import/export and buying and negotiations experience for the position of a Logistics Coordinator. This Logistics Coordinator position reports directly to the Manager, Contracts and Purchasing. The candidate is responsible for managing the logistics program and expenses for the Maintenance division. The candidate must be committed to helping reduce overall logistics costs for the company. Job Duties include but not limited to:
- Collaborate with teams for creating a world class logistics process
- Implement transport cost reduction initiatives
- Identify and provide recommendations for program initiatives related to logistics
- Manage the logistics related RFQ process including all stages of sourcing
- Perform routing audits of all logistics spend valued at over $11M annually
- Provide solutions for shipments held in customs (import/export)
- Mange the process of moving hazardous materials
- Develop logistics program standard for the organization
- Primary point of contact in organization for logistics
Qualifications and Requirements
- Knowledge of CFR 19 and Customs & Border Protection
- Overall general knowledge of the logistics industry, especially as it relates to import/export requirements
- General knowledge of the requirements for shipping hazardous materials
- Negotiations and buying skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Understanding of basic contract language
- Comfort in training staff in process
- Well organized
- High School graduate or GED
- Lean and Six Sigma familiarity
- Certification with APICS, ISM, or other logistics certification
- Aircraft material buying/purchasing experience
- Experience with TRAX / Aura
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.