Apply OnlineApply by Email
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Metrology Technician with FARO laser trackers experience in Everett, WA
The position of a Metrology Technician is one of great importance to the success of company programs. He or she is part of a unique and highly-skilled team. You’ll align and inspect hardware for aerospace tooling. The position records the results of their inspections and in test reports. Position monitors the Laser Tracker equipment, review output.
The position requires a high degree of consistent dedication, flexibility, accuracy, sound judgment, and reliability. He or she plays a key role in representing the company’s Quality organization through direct interactions with customers and suppliers and ensuring products meet standards of quality and safety.
- Develop and maintain techniques to properly analyze, align and inspect complex hardware using FARO laser trackers with Spatial Analyzer software
- Interpret inspection results and apply acceptance criteria identified on drawing or work order
- Perform all necessary daily, weekly, monthly process control checks
- Document and organize inspection results
- Interface/communicate with technicians and engineers to describe inspection results
- Provide guidance and training to other inspectors
- Work with engineers to review design concepts for ease of build and inspection
- Advise management on system maintenance, new purchases and technology development
- Inspect, test, or measure materials or products being produced
- Participates in design reviews by ensuring quality and customer requirements are driven into the product design
- Travels to supplier site to perform in-process inspections, final inspections or buy off prior to shipping
- Prepares documentation for customer final tool buy off
- Knowledge and interpretation of GD&T symbols.
- Read and understand blueprints and specifications in Metric and Standard
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Superior verbal/written skills. Good punctuation, spelling, grammar and attention to detail a must.
- PC-based computing experience required (word processing-Word, spreadsheet-Excel, presentation- PowerPoint, documentation s/w).
- Ability to take initiative, to work efficiently to meet deadlines, and to work in a team environment essential. Able to work independently and remain self-motivated with minimal direct supervision.
- Must be highly organized, thorough, and possess and practice good record keeping skills.
- Ability to effectively work without conflict with other departments, subordinates, management, and customer and supplier representatives. Must function effectively in a diverse working environment and practice a participative approach to all assigned tasks.
- Must be able to work in excess of eight hours per day or 40 hours per week if necessary.
- Must be able to demonstrate efficient use of time and effective prioritization of tasks and responsibilities. Sufficiently mobile to conduct business throughout the company.
- Familiarity with appropriate and effective internal control procedures. Ability to identify business process improvements and report existing deficiencies to management.
- 3-5+ years’ experience with 3D measurement tools such as Faro arms and laser trackers in conjunction with Spatial Analyzer software to perform complex and large scale inspections
- Knowledge in the use of 3D CAD tools (Catia V5 is preferred)
- Thorough in-depth understanding of Spatial Analyzer software and able to train others in the following:
- Loading Spatial Analyzer and other related software programs
- Setting up and collecting data from multiple stations for offline alignments
- Creating reports in several different formats
- Working in analysis settings to set correct tolerance profiles and other functions
- Performing Xform function (translate, mirror, rotate, etc.)
- Using laser line scanners for point cloud data collection
- Setting filters for line scanner data collection
- Analyzing and editing large point cloud data files
- Reverse engineer point cloud data to create CAD data files
- Excellent ability to read, interpret and train others on GD&T per ASME Y14.5M-1994 standard
- Demonstrated ability to use standard mechanical tools and fabrication shop equipment
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien
- 5+ years’ experience in aerospace tooling or related fields preferred
- Experience operating heavy equipment such as cranes & forklifts around flight critical hardware preferred
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent analysis of information from a variety of sources which illustrate through use of text graphics, charts and spreadsheet presentation of information in a succinct and comprehensive manner
- Possesses good analytical and deductive reasoning skills.
- Effectively communicates information and project data to team members, management, and customers and suppliers.
- Must be highly organized, thorough, and possess keenness to detail and accuracy.
- Experience in the development of monitoring and reporting systems
- Utilization of information to develop acceptance of change and working to influence other regions to adopt new practices.
- Ability to assimilate and prioritize complex information and provide analysis to support schedule changes whilst adhering to service level targets.
- Associate’s Degree
- Current or previous QC Inspector certification preferred
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.