Apply OnlineApply by Email
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an Engineering Manager in Georgetown, DE.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Administration of engineering design and modification services within budget in accordance with FAA, customer and client’s standards of quality. Coordinate the Modification Engineering group’s activity by providing technical support, supervision and guidance to design engineering personnel for engineering. Provide man-hour estimates, project engineering and accountability of projects undertaken by the Engineering Department and coordinate with other Engineering groups.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related scientific field.
- Ten (10) years’ experience (min) in aircraft/aerospace design field. Must have Boeing aircraft experience.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience utilizing AutoCAD (Release 13 or later version, or comparable PC based CAD program) with obvious and demonstrable proficiency.
- Must possess extensive knowledge of FAA regulations, certification processes and related requirements. DER or DER candidate preferred, or must meet requirements of establishing FAA DER candidacy.
- Must possess comprehensive knowledge of standard aircraft components, materials, fabrication practices, aviation hardware and proper applications in design. Must also possess knowledge of engineering principles used in stress analysis, finite element modeling (FEM), 3D computer modeling, or other analytical substantiation techniques.
- Must possess extensive knowledge of personal computer systems with Microsoft Office, AutoCAD Release 13 & Microsoft Project.
- Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Must have extensive knowledge of the use and application of aircraft technical data such as engineering drawings, SRM’s, MM’s, SB’s, IPC’s, WD’s, etc.
- Must have the ability to manage, organize and motivate people in technical positions.
- .Must have superior oral, written and organizational skills that are easily applied to administration and management. Must and be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated and be able to work under pressure with a minimum level of supervision.
- Must possess ability to maneuver around airplanes (i.e. climbing stairs, on work stands, man lifts, etc.) and in confined areas (i.e. cargo compartments, fuel tanks, E/E bays, etc.). Must also be able to lift and carry 15 lbs.
- Must be able to sit and work effectively at video display terminals for extended periods of time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.