Apply OnlineApply by Email
LEAN AND SAFETY SPECIALIST
LAUNCH technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an Lean and Safety Specialist in Santa Rosa, CA
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Lean and Safety Specialist is committed to driving the company-wide improvement through the use of lean tools. This role acts to promote process based problem solving and daily management (QRQC); continuous improvement in all aspects of the company; will drive, facilitate, and promote lean activities and training; coordinate the deployment of standards through the FOCUS project; promote safety first culture, and bring the appropriate support to the company to obtain the OHSAS 18001 certification in a timely manner.
I. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation of other reasons.
- Provides leadership to implement and drive lean culture change rapidly.
- Set up, coach and mentor workshop teams to plan and implement problem solving, metrics, standard work, Andon, kanban, 5S, Kaizen, VSM, visual management, U-cell, 1-piece-flow and structured projects.
- Facilitates and coaches cross-functional initiatives including: mapping business processes; gathering and analyzing process data to identify root cause problems; develop solutions to improve and enable measurable results in process efficiency, customer satisfaction, product quality, and financial savings.
- Coordinates the deployment of standards through the FOCUS project
- Helps, develops, implements, monitors and manages safety programs, policies and procedures
- Ensures that the company complies with all current (state and federal) safety regulations
- Coordinates and supports the activities to reach the OHSAS 18001 certification
Experience, Knowledge and Technical Skills:
- Minimum three (3) years of dedicated Lean/Continuous Improvement experience
- Minimum three (3) years of project management experience
- Lean/Continuous Improvement-based certification or equivalent
- Six Sigma is an asset
- Minimum 2 years safety experience a plus
- Manufacturing/aviation and automotive experience preferred
- Excellent knowledge of Lean problem solving methodologies
Expertise within functional areas of Lean/Continuous Improvement (at least one of the following fields):
- Training of Lean/Continuous Improvement
- Supply Chain/Fabrication Lean/Continuous Improvement
- Quality/Manufacturing Lean/Continuous Improvement
Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in engineering, business administration or any management related field; or a combination of education and minimum three (3) years experience.
REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace, and have excellent oral and written communication skills. Spanish/French is an asset.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.