LAUNCH Professional Services is seeking a Certification Engineer for an opportunity in Seattle, WA
The individual will prepare certification data for aircraft parts per FAA AC 21.303 through reverse engineering practices and coordination with internal and external teams. They will ensure that designs are consistent with functional performance and safety requirements for the aircraft or engine system installation. They will carry out the certification program to show compliance with FAA requirements while coordinating with FAA Designated Engineering Representatives. They will manage this data package through its review cycle by the FAA until final approval is given.
- Research part function, failure modes, and operating conditions to develop part and system descriptions
- Review design data to ensure it meets FAA certification standards, including dimensional, material, process, etc. definition
- Research and develop the failure mode and effects analysis to support criticality classification
- Provide engineering support for procurement, manufacturing, receiving, and certification of parts
- Create technical documents using FAA guidelines and regulations
- Work with Designated Engineering Reps to deliver complete certification packages to the FAA
- Manage technical content of certification package until FAA approval is given
- Three to five years of relevant work experience preferred (design, certification, manufacturing, quality)
- Skilled in writing technical documents
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Experience with aircraft components and systems is strongly preferred
- CAD/3D modeling design experience preferred
- Familiarity with aerospace specifications and processes preferred
- Proficient with SolidWorks, MS Office applications, and basic AutoCAD knowledge preferred
- Shop time or other hands-on experience is preferred
- Experience in reverse engineering is preferred
- Understanding and familiarity with FAA standards is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.