Apply OnlineApply by Email
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an Customer Support Director of Technical Publications for an opportunity in Seattle, WA.
1. Job Description
The MITAC Customer Support Director of Technical Publications is responsible for the Development, Verification & Validation, Certification Approval, Publication and Revision of all maintenance and repair documents for the regional jet program to ensure the aircraft can be maintained in an airworthy condition as designed by customer Engineering and approved by regulatory authorities. Responsibilities include establishing deliverable commitments, establishing work priorities, creating and managing the development process, creating the team (including 3rd parties required to supplement client staff) and team structure, implementing governance and communication processes, and the performance of the group.
2. Scope of Work
- Implement the processes and tools required to author, publish and revise all maintenance and repair documents in accordance with industry standards.
- Manage the document development process to meet program schedule milestones.
- Establish and manage 3rd parties required to supplement the client staff.
- Coordinate with client Design Engineering and client Suppliers to obtain technical information and content required to meet industry standards for document scope and content.
- Author and publish all Instructions for Continuing Airworthiness (ICA) documents (see Deliverables and Products section for a list of ICA documents) and other industry standard manuals required for maintenance and repair of the client fleet.
- Establish the document revision process required to incorporate changes from Design Engineering as well as Customer Originated Change (COC) requests (e.g. Engineering Orders, SB accomplishment, implemented Supplemental Type Certificates, etc.).
- Review and accept Component Maintenance Manuals (CMM) produced by client Partners.
- Author and publish Service Bulletins originating from the Airplane Change Process
“Authoring” as described above include the development of maintenance procedures, safety warnings, cautions & notes, access identification, remove/replace instructions, and test procedures. All documents produced by this group’s activities must conform to strict formatting and publishing standards as defined by ATA S1000D and other adopted industry specifications. Documents are revision controlled to include highlight sheets, list of effective pages, revision bars, and distributed in both PDF and SGML (selected documents only) upon approval by the required regulatory authority as applicable.
The primary deliverables of Technical Publications include:
- Service Bulletins
- Maintenance Tips
- Aircraft Maintenance Manual (AMM)
- Fault Isolation Manual (FIM)
- Aircraft Recovery Manual (ARM)
- Standard Wiring Practice Manuals (SWPM)
- Wiring Diagram Manual (WDM)
- System Schematic Manual (SSM)
- Structural Repair Manual (SRM)
- Aircraft Illustrated Parts Catalog (AIPC)
- Corrosion Prevention Manual (CPM)
- Non Destructive Test Manual (NDTM)
- Maintenance Planning Document (MPD)
- Maintenance Review Board Report (MRBR)
- Maintenance Task Cards (MTC)
- Illustrated Tool & Equipment Manual (ITEM)
- Maintenance Facilities and Equipment (MFEPM)
- Component Maintenance Manuals (CMM) – client Proprietary Parts
The Technical Publications function will be performed both in Seattle, WA and Komaki, Japan. Third parties will be used for the initial document creation process as the permeant team is formed and capabilities are implemented.
3. Expected Education/Experience and Skills:
- Qualified candidates must hold an engineering degree from an accredited Engineering School.
- Candidates must have worked in commercial aerospace for an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), and have 5 or more years in senior leadership positions providing Technical Publication functions to commercial airline customers.
- Candidates must be familiar iSpec2200 and S1000D and have participated in technical publication Industry Standards groups.
- Candidates must have skills and experience managing Suppliers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.