Dangerous Goods Shipper
Dangerious Goods Shipper
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Dangerous Goods Shippers for an opportunity in Van Nuys, CA
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The dangerous goods shipper is responsible for ensuring that customer orders requiring shipment of Dangerous Goods are accurately handled, separated, classified, documented, labeled and shipped.
Qualifications and requirements:
• Must have an “active” (not an expired or a non-transferable) 49 CFR and IATA regulations certificate
• Expert in 49 CFR and IATA regulations
• IATA Dangerous Goods By Air certified with 3 years of recent DG shipping experience
• 49 CFR, US DOT DG By Road certified with 3 years of recent DG shipping experience
• Working knowledge of carrier defined shipping programs (UPS – WorldShip, FedEx Ship Manager…)
• Automated Export System (AES) customs – 2 hour AESDirect Online Training completed
• DGM Dangerous Goods processing software trained
• Requires a high school diploma or equivalent and 5 years of experience in shipping Dangerous Goods by Air and Ground
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.