2nd Shift Amada Press Brake Operator
We are currently looking to hire a full time Amada press brake operator on our 2nd shift in Schiller Park, IL. This position pays up to 25/hour to start and can interview and start ASAP!
Any candidate with 2+ years of set-up and operation of any type of press brake can perform this role. It is a big plus if the candidate has worked on Amada or done editing of programs at the machine.
- Read, interpret and understand blueprints and drawings including symbols, welding symbols, and material type.
- Plan sequence and methods of fabricating by studying work orders, blueprints and drawings.
- Lay-out and mark dimensions and reference lines on material to develop and trace patterns of product or parts.
- Properly set up and operate Amada Press Brake to fabricate parts, components, and sheet metal per blueprints and drawings.
- Select operation sequences and correct punch / die combination based on drawing.
- Make Press Brake adjustments as required.
- Utilize AMADA Teach Pad (FabriTalk) to edit and program Press Brake.
- Verify conformance of fabricated sheet metal to specifications utilizing measuring devices such as tape measure, caliper, OD micrometer, radius gauge, machinist square and/or protractor and make corrections as required.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Must be able to read, interpret and understand blueprints to fabricate sheet metal.
- Knowledge and experience utilizing AMADA Teach Pad (FabriTalk) to edit and program preferred.
- Minimum 2 years related experience preferred.