Heavy Duty Truck Technician
Ft Myers, FL
Pay: $18-$28 per hour, depending on experience
Shift: 2nd Mon. – Fri.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform preventive maintenance and scheduled maintenance repairs in compliance with DOT and Safety policies.
- Utilize Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports (DVIR’s) to diagnose electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles
- Run vehicle diagnostics to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns
- Complete required paperwork for tracking repairs on vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with company/OSHA Standards
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures
- Perform other duties as required to support operations
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 2+ years of experience in automotive/truck, light or heavy equipment maintenance and repair OR completion of an accredited vocational technical school program
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Working knowledge of fuel, ignition, cooling, mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and air brake systems
- Knowledge of safety procedures and practices
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Ability to obtain Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Ability to obtain Air Brake Inspector Certification
- Must have own tools
- Must have steel toe boots
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.