LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a A&P Mechanics with Fixed wing / Turbine aircraft experience, and Repair Station experience for an opportunity in Savannah, Georgia.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
A&P Mechanics perform a variety of aircraft modifications and maintenance functions such as removal and installations of airframes, landing gear, engine components, electrical components, and control systems to assure conformance to procedures, performances and test specifications.
- Perform required. periodic maintenance and necessary servicing of all aircraft mechanical systems.
- Must demonstrate the ability to consistently perform assigned maintenance task within the quoted or standard CMP time.
- Provide work direction for assigned technicians. Promote high standards of quality through instruction and by example setting.
- Act on behalf of Mechanical Team Lead (MTL) in his/her absence and assume the duties and responsibilities of the MTL when assigned.
- Coordinate with the Inspection department to ensure compliance with internal and FAA inspection and documentation requirements.
- Properly complete work order sign-offs, shift turnovers, and other paper work in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all work accomplished meets quality standards and specifications.
- Properly identify (tag) customer property and equipment.
- Store aircraft components and other customer property securely and safely.
- Follow standard operating procedures and JSAs when operating ground support equipment, such as power supply, hydraulic rigs, nitrogen filler carts, and oxygen service carts.
- Operate and supervise use of special support equipment used in removal and installations of major components.
- Coordinate movement of aircraft as required.
- Assist in training new employees concerning computerized maintenance program (CMP) maintenance manuals, SRMs illustrated parts catalog (IPC) usage, flight test installations, and all maintenance of major components.
- Coordinate with other departments to arrange for the overhaul or repair of customer property as needed.
- Use the material tracking system to create parts demand and to charge labor to correct work orders and item numbers.
- Apply 6S and Lean Initiatives to keep shops, hangars, and aircraft work areas clean and uncluttered.
- Properly collect and dispose of waste fuel, oil, hydraulic fluids, de-icing fluids, and solvent rags.
- Implement and apply Lean/continuous improvement processes to all areas of responsibility.
- Properly use and maintain company-provided tools and equipment. Return items to designated storage area after use.
- In support of aircraft certification and final phase testing, may include flight tests on aircraft as required. Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Valid A&P and 2 years Aviation Maintenance experience.
- Non-licensed technicians require 4+ years Aviation Maintenance experience.
- Experience working on mid/large size aircraft required.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Advanced knowledge of inspection and maintenance procedures for various aircraft models and systems within each aircraft product line.
- Advanced knowledge of pertinent technical reference materials (maintenance manuals, IPCs, Service Bulletins, structural repair manuals, engineering drawings, ADS, etc.).
- Working knowledge of the FAA regulations, process specifications, Repair Station and Quality Control manuals, and company policies and procedures.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements and customer specifications.
- Strong written and verbal skills required.
- Computer skills and general software knowledge necessary.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.