Diesel Service Advisor
Shift: 1st shift, flexible hours. Shop is open 7 am to 6 pm Mon. – Fri. and 8 am – 12 pm on Sat.
Pay: up to $35 per hour, depending on experience
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write up the customer’svehicle problems accurately and clearly on a service input card and verifycustomer information.
- Establish customer’s method of payment. Obtain credit approval, ifnecessary.
- Create and close repair order in the business system.
- Notify foreman of incoming work, repair order status.
- Ensure that vehicles are parked in assigned areas. Make sure they are lockedand all keys are marked and put away correctly.
- Communicate updates from customer to foreman.
- Check on the progress of repair throughout the day. Contact customers regardingany changes in the estimate or promised time, explains cost and timerequirements in detail, and gets proper authorization before any additionalrepairs are performed.
- Handle telephone inquiries regarding inbound work and work in process.
- Review repair orders to ensure that work is completed and additional work required is noted.
- Other duties may be assigned to support operations.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Equivalent of High School Diploma or GED
- 5+ year’s heavy-duty diesel mechanic experience.
- CDK experience a plus.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Must have own steel toe boots.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.