LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a A&P Mechanic experience performing scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on Regional Jet Aircraft in San Jose, California.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
A&P Mechanics will maintain, inspect, repair, modify, overhaul and troubleshoot commercial aircraft in compliance with policies, manuals, procedures and requirements. Under the general direction of the Maintenance Manager and direct supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor will provide technical assistance and labor for any and all problems associated with Aircraft repairs or servicing. Coordinate with Maintenance Control to insure a safe and efficient repair and return to service of aircraft. Exercise good judgment in working with people in a team environment as well as in aircraft maintenance and safety.
Qualifications and requirements:
- A&P License Required
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must have the minimum tools as required.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Associate’s Degree
- Minimum two years of FAR 121 air carrier aircraft maintenance experience
- Embraer 170/175, 190 experience
- Skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Valid passport with no travel restrictions
Required Physical Demands:
- Ability to lift, carry and move medium to heavy weights of 50 pounds or more.
- Good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand, and finger dexterity.
- There are prolonged periods during which individuals will be standing and working outdoors.
- Must be able to climb, bend, kneel, crawl and stoop frequently in confined spaces.
Job Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Background in regional or mainline aircraft maintenance.
- Experience should consist of:
- Formal and informal aircraft systems training
- Maintenance of aircraft and engine systems
- Dispatch requirements
- Use of specialized tools
- Ground support equipment
- Technical reports and forms
- Online Aircraft Maintenance Manuals, and Parts Catalogs
- Aircraft logbook procedures and computer based aircraft maintenance tracking systems
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills – can work independently while still keeping a team perspective.
- Detail orientated with ability to multi-task on a regular basis.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to show a demonstrated ability to trouble shoot aircraft problems with little guidance.
- Ability to work with fellow coworkers with a variety of personalities.
- Must be flexible with respect to work schedule and willing to assist and support others within the company when needed.
- Work under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Control.
- Provide updates to Maintenance Control as to status of work being performed on aircraft assigned to their station.
- Maintain an orderly and organized shop area.
- Perform data entry and copying as needed.
- Commit to and attend training events both on and off the assigned work site to continue to develop professional skills.
- Hours are varying shifts and weekends as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Work is performed in an open work environment (hangar) or outdoors at the airport terminal.
- Some travel, less than 10% maybe required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.