Avionics Wiring Technician II
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Avionics Technicians with wiring experience for an opportunity in Moline, Illinois.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
With limited supervision, assists with installation, troubleshooting and repairing, and other general tasks related to the maintenance, installations and repair of Avionics systems and components on a variety of aircraft product models in a safe and clean work environment according to manufacturer’s specifications, company-approved procedures, and customer specifications. Prepares and completes appropriate work order documentation. Supports and records all OJT, mentoring, and training for record and personal development..
- Assists in, and learns, high quality installation, troubleshooting and repair of aircraft avionic systems and components on a variety of aircraft production models using proper hand tools, specialized equipment, and support equipment, in a timely, clean, safe, and professional manner with no rework. Records all work performed as OJT for record and development.
- Accurately orders general components & parts, supports turn-in and record of removed parts, supports delivery and record of received parts as needed and directed.
- Performs minor troubleshooting and repair of aircraft avionics systems and components in relation to system installation.
- Prepares various documents for record keeping purposes, as required by Company policies, FAA Approved Repair Station and Quality Control Manuals, All FAA regulations (FARs), OEM Aircraft Manufacturer Manuals, etc. to include turnovers, and personal training logs.
- Demonstrates proficiency of Elliott Aviation work order system by completing accurate and timely discrepancies and corrective action statements.
- Consistently Locates and uses appropriate technical data per system installation manual requirements and follows verbal instructions to complete assigned installation tasks. Builds and develops personal quality avionics installations and support techniques based on OJT experience to improve in proficiency and quality.
- Supports, maintains, and complies with all Environmental, Health, and Safety, for federal, OSHA, state and local regulations.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Must have 3+ years of aircraft repair experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of FARs 43, 91, 135, 145.
- FCC Preferred.
- Must have the minimum tools as required.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.