Sun – Wed 2:30PM-1AM
Pay: $18.35 – $20.40 per hour, depending on experience
Trailer Technician Duties & Responsibilities:
- Tests, services, and repairs trailers and related mechanical components.
- Perform most diagnostics and repairs to brakes, air system, suspension, light trailer body repairs including doors, tires, lighting system etc. May need some assistance from Trailer Tech III.
- Accurately complete DOT forms and all other forms of documentation in timely fashion.
- Pull trailers in and out of shop using a yard jockey before and after repairs.
- Clean and maintain work area on a daily basis.
- Maintain a high productivity level and complete jobs within or close to SRT times.
- Perform preventative maintenance on tractors and trailers, and inspections on brakes, tires, wiring etc.
- Check vehicle fluids; transmission, oil, windshield wiper, antifreeze, etc.
- Perform vehicle preventative maintenance (pm’s) guidelines.
- Change vehicle tires.
- Grease mechanical parts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Duties & Responsibilities Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 1 year of working on trailers required.
- A Technical Diploma from an accredited Diesel Technology Program may substitute for 1 year of the required experience.
- DOT and Brake Certifications required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Basic welding skills required.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Ability to read and write.
- Must provide own hand tools adequate to perform job functions.