LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Structures Mechanic with experience performing electrical and avionics related maintenance and aircraft modifications on commercial aircraft for an opportunity in Miami, FL.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Structures mechanics will perform assembly and fitting of detail parts and structures and varied drilling and riveting operations for wifi installs.
** In addtion to those with Heavy Structures experience we will consider 2 -3 structures mechanics with less than5yrs experience if they have done open/close structures tasks.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years experience doing heavy structures – look for modification/repair especially – winglet installation, WIFI, spar splice, skin change, NGS mod, seat track mods.
- Look for work history at tier 1 MRO’s – HAECO, AAR, VT, ATS, PEMCO
- Typically, anyone that has work history at multiple place with short durations has issues. That’s the reason they move constantly – especially if they’re bouncing around at tier 2 or 3 MRO’s
- Top structures guys usually have worked at flat rate contract companies – VP, ARMI (ARM International), STS, Cannon, AMS – look for these individuals as they understand what we do already
- A&P always a plus but not the deciding factor – some of the best structure guys are not licensed.
- Understand it’s flat rate work and no guarantee they’ll stay at any single location. Must be willing to move around based on work.
- Guys usually stay at single location for duration of mod line but I do move guys back/forth based on work load.
- Can expect to earn 2-4 times what they would make as hourly anywhere else
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.