Final Line Mechanic
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Final Line Mechanic with commercial C&D check experience on Commercial aircraft for an opportunity in Savannah, Georgia.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assemble, install, and adjust aircraft structure parts and system components. Rig control cables, sectors, linkages, control surfaces, landing gear and doors, engines, cowls, aircraft entry doors and associated parts and hardware.
- Remove and replace linkage, sectors, components, cut and fit system lines and associated hardware necessary to facilitate and perform basic repairs.
- Responsible for quality and efficiency of all installations; ensure all parts/assembly meet requirements. Perform necessary rework to ensure installations meet conformity.
- Install systems lines, valves, ducts and associated parts and hardware. Work to ensure a leak free system.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment, including permaswage pumps, dies, line cutting tools, wrenches, checking tools, witness gauges, etc. and tools to successfully complete component and perform minor structure installation.
- Remove and replace, cut and fit systems lines, panels and structural components and associated hardware necessary to facilitate and perform basic repairs.
- Update and sign required logs and records as required.
- Check own work to ensure a defect free installation prior to final inspection.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area, support the company FOD and 5S programs and comply with all safety regulations.
- Maintain and use all logs and records such as MIR sheets, DMTs, Crabs, PCOs, etc.
- Support continuous improvement processes as assigned. In support of aircraft certification and final phase testing, may include flight tests on aircraft as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- One (1) year aerospace/aviation experience or equivalent mechanical experience such as auto mechanics, heavy equipment, etc. A&P license may offset the one (1) year of experience required.
- Solumina and Smarteam experience preferred.
- Requires ability to read and interpret basic blueprints and schematic diagrams and use all tools required to do the job.
- Ability to perform work such as basic drilling, reaming, ship fitting parts, etc.
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small-space restricted areas and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.