LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Cabinet Maker with basic knowledge of cabinetmaking processes, products and tools for an opportunity in Cahokia, Illinois.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Sheetmetal Technician Senior works under minimal supervision to safely lay-out, fabricate and install parts equipment and fabricated items on aircraft following established operating procedures. All work performed should be in accordance with company design specifications, quality standards and completed work should meet customer expectations. Mentor and train other Sheetmetal Technicians.
Use complicated schematics/blueprints, engineering drawings and technical instructions to safely perform sheetmetal layout, fabrication, and installation of parts, equipment or fabricated items on aircraft. Coordinate with supervision and Inspection to ensure compliance with internal and FAA paperwork, sign-offs and quality specifications.
Mentor and train Sheetmetal Technicians, as required. Review their work prior to sign off to ensure work complies with quality control standards.
Oversee projects or other technicians and assesses requirements of assigned tasks to procure required. materials and documentation for assigned tasks.
Use blueprints to cut and form plastics and follow standard operating procedures when using adhesives, sealants and solvents.
Utilizing tools as required. to shape and form complex angles and configurations according to blueprint specifications or written/verbal information.
Safely operate shop equipment such as: brakes, presses, riveting equipment, shears, and hand tools associated with sheetmetal functions. Use the proper hardware for various sheetmetal applications.
Comply with all safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies.
Uses personal protective equipment as required.
Ensures aircraft is protected (PTP).
Conduct monthly 5S audits, as required.
Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
Assist in developing initiatives to meet individual OGSM requirements, as required.
Qualifications and requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Four (4) years of sheetmetal and/or fabrication experience.
- Experience in aerospace industry preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Advanced knowledge of sheetmetal or fabrication processes (forming, drilling, stamping, shaping, bending, punching, cutting, riveting, filing and dimpling).
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
- Valid drivers license required. to operate towing and other Gulfstream transportation equipment.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand proficiently the English language.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Adapts to sudden schedule changes.
- Able to use tools and equipment associated with sheetmetal work.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
- Must have a good working knowledge of computers and experience working with MicroSoft Office suite.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.