LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Sheet Metal Technician with commercial C&D check experience on Commercial aircraft for an opportunity in Brunswick, GA.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Sheetmetal Technician I works independently or with moderate supervision to fabricate and install complex interior subassemblies in aircraft.
- Communicate as required. to receive and understand work assignments.
- Perform tasks completely, accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Ensure that work accomplished meets FAA requirements, customer specifications, and Gulfstream standard of quality. 2.
- Ask questions as needed to understand processes and responsibilities.
- Keep Leads informed of progress, problems, and job status.
- Properly identify (tag) and store customer property and equipment.
- Assist with disassembly and reassembly of aircraft interiors.
- Sign off drawings and Work Order items.
- Coordinate with the Inspection department to ensure conformity with drawings and compliance with approved Gulfstream repair station procedures.
- Adapt to sudden changes while maintaining productivity and standards of quality.
- Use the resource planning system to produce picklists and enter daily labor against correct Work Order and item numbers.
- Effectively use technical reference materials. Learn how to find information.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities (e.g. YIAW, Kaizen events, etc.)
- Keep shop and aircraft work areas clean and uncluttered.
- Properly care for and maintain shop equipment and tools as assigned by Supervisor.
- Comply with safety rules and procedures. Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and requirements:
- One (1) year experience of sheetmetal and/or fabrication experience.
- Basic knowledge of sheetmetal or fabrication processes (cutting, bending, forming, drilling) is required.
- Blueprint reading and basic math skills are required.
- Possess a working knowledge of the Gulfstream Policies and Procedures manual, Inspection Procedures manual, and pertinent Process Specifications.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.