LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Structures Mechanic for an opportunity in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Assembles, disassembles and/or modifies systems by changing, removing, replacing or upgrading aerospace vehicle components to correct failures or implement changes.
- Inspects component before installation or usage to verify cleanliness and serviceability of components.
- Fabricates and modifies aerospace products according to specifications.
- Performs tasks associated with the safe handling of a aerospace vehicle.
- Documents procedures and established processes to ensure contractual and regulatory compliance (e.g., repairs, test results, applicable modifications and inspection results).
- Demonstrates the capability to read and interpret engineering drawings, technical orders, process specification, and retrofit requirements to perform structural modification/repair.
- Experienced in the use of tooling assemblies and fixtures for depot level modification and repair of structural parts.
- Able to perform close tolerance drilling, reaming, removal, and installation to critical support structures and fracture critical areas.
- Ability and understanding of locating blind holes necessary for installation of new structural items to existing structure.
- Perform efforts associated with sealing, painting, shimming, and preserving structure in accordance with standard repair processes.
- Oversees training.
- Works under general direction.
Qualifications and Requirements:
4 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. vocational school/Associate+2 years’ related work, Bachelor, etc.).
- F-15 experienced preferred but not required.
Interim Secret Clearance required to start the assignment.
Individuals must possess their own personal standard tools and possess personal safety shoes compliant with ANSI standards.
Must be willing to work nights and overtime as required on short notice
Must be willing to travel on short notice. Refusal will be considered as self-termination.
- Experience working line and/or heavy aircraft maintenance.
- Experience working with aircraft tooling
- Prefer knowledge of the SAP computer systems.
- Should possess strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to work with the many people, in all areas, both inside and outside of the company.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.