***Paid Time Off***
Pay Rate: $19.00 – $25.00 per hour, depending on experience
Body Repair Mechanic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform auto/truck body repair and painting.
- Assess vehicle body damage, loading vehicle onto auto body frame machine and performing exterior and interior body work including repair/replacement of damaged items.
- Assesses vehicle body damage; repairs auto/truck bodies.
- Performs interior body work on vehicles that includes repair or replace damaged seats, upholstery, locks, air bags, floors, wiring, dashboard;
- Performs extensive repairs on electrical/hydraulic systems, engines, steering and/or suspension components.
- Performs exterior bodywork on vehicles that includes repair or replace damaged sheet metal, frame, panel, windows, lights, tires, and/or bumpers. Fills dents/depressions; files, grinds and sands repaired surfaces.
- Prepares, primes and paints auto body surfaces. Welds and fabricates parts.
- Prepares stencils and silk screens; applies decals and hand lettered signs on vehicles. Washes and cleans cars after repairs are finished.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Body Repair Mechanic Qualifications and Requirements:
- The equivalent of High School Diploma or GED.
- 2+ year’s diesel mechanic experience in commercial or fleet maintenance and repair shop.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds, spending time bending, climbing and stooping.
- Must have own set of tools.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Must have own steel toe boots.
- CDL preferred or ability to obtain.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.