Accounts Payable Specialist
We are currently looking to hire a full time accounts payable specialist for our manufacturing facility located in Itasca, IL. This is a 1st shift position that can interview and start right away. Pay ranges from 20-22/hour to start depending on exeperience.
Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal ID numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, invoice, or payment discrepancies; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments.
- Pays/reimburses employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and receipts; verify and audit expense report line item charges against the company T&E policy for compliance.
- Charges expenses to proper accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Audits freight invoices against freight manifests to ensure proper billing
- Answers all vendor inquiries, and coordinates vendor dispute resolution
- Maintains all accounts payable historical records through effective record retention techniques
- Assists in monthly closings, preparing account analyses and month-end accrual journal entries as needed
- Assists with other accounting and administrative special projects, as necessary
- Utilizes knowledge gained to help identify and implement cost savings opportunities
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, comprehend and write simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word and the ability to work with accounting software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.