LAUNCH TransTechs is seeking a Diesel Mechanic to perform preventative maintenance on diesel-powered vehicles in Pittston, PA.
Shift: M-F , 1st Shift
Monday through Friday 7:30am 3:30pm
Pay: $18.00 – $25.00 per hour, depending on experience
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Able to perform proper Preventive Maintenance – lube, filters, inspection – includes truck appearance, interior, and exterior, cab related, safety, security.
- Basic electrical – repair and replace starters/alternators/batteries.
- Tires – tread, inflation, rotation, wear, and recondition wheels.
- Inspect & replace basic engine components.
- Proficient at brake diagnostic/repair& replace/adjustments.
- Inspect & replace drive line components.
- Remove and replace transmission and clutch (R&R).
- Advanced and continually upgrading tools.
- Valve and injector adjustments.
- Remove and replace steering & chassis components
- Basic welding & cutting 20. Fifth wheel service and rebuild/ kingpin wear.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Equivalent of high school diploma and 5+ years of experience as a diesel mechanic.
- Must possess own tools.
- Must possess own steel toe boots.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. or more.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- CDL preferred, or ability to obtain.
- Electrical experience a plus!
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.