Shift: Mon – Fri 1PM – 9:30PM
Pay: $23.56 – $26.19 per hour
LAUNCH TransTechs is seeking a Trailer Technician in Springfield, OH to test, service, and repair tractors and related mechanical components.
Performs basic preventative maintenance and repairs on trailers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform basic and routine preventative maintenance on tractors and trailers as outlined in USX PM guidelines.
- Perform basic or minor repairs and inspections on brakes, tires, wiring etc.
- Check vehicle fluids (e.g. transmission, oil, windshield wiper, antifreeze, etc.).
- Change vehicle tires.
- Grease mechanical parts.
- Maintain a high productivity level and complete most jobs within or close to SRT times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Technical Diploma from an accredited Diesel Technology Program preferred.
- Minimum of 4 year of trailer maintenance experience
- A Technical Diploma from an accredited Diesel Technology Program may substitute for 1 year of the required experience.
- Experience in the transportation industry preferred.
- Computer experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Ability to read and write.
- Must provide own tools that are adequate to perform job functions.
- D.O.T and Brake certification required to perform PM’s and brake work.
- OEM Online certifications preferred.
Physical Requirements: while performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; frequently stands, walks, uses hands to finger, handle or feel; and reaches with hands and arms.
Ability to stand for long periods of time supporting full body weight
- Ability to walk 1000 feet minimum and change positions frequently
- Ability to frequently move shoulders with full range of motion in all six planes of movement
- Ability to reach heights over 72” frequently; ability to crouch to height of 18” frequently
- Ability to reach and stretch across the midline with full cervical range of motion and bilateral range of motion
- Ability to use hand tools constantly for extended periods of time
- Ability to stoop to 30” minimum and kneel to 18” minimum
- Ability to frequently climb 51’ with one 24” step and pull full body weight.
- Ability to frequently climb stairs 24” without a hand hold rail.
- Ability to pull self up ladder with 4×17”steps with upper body pull.
- Ability to constantly go in/out of truck on 51” and one 24” step pulling full body weight.
- Ability to frequently go up and down ramp.
- Must be able to perform all physical requirements with reasonable accommodation.
Work Environment: this job operates in a well-lit and well-ventilated repair shop environment.