LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Machinist with experience on special purpose instruments, maritime vessel control panels, power supply and distribution assemblies, and surface vehicle and power generating plant control assemblies for an opportunity in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sets up and operates a variety of machine tools such as CNC machines, lathes, milling machines, shapers, planers, and precision grinders to make parts, mechanisms, tools, or machines to exacting tolerances and dimensions.
- Interprets blueprints, sketches, and engineering specifications
- Determines sequence of operations, number of cuts required, and method of setup;
- Uses a variety of machinist’s hand tools and precision measuring instruments;
- Makes standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, feeds, and speeds
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points to lay out stock for machining
- Fits and assembles precision parts into mechanical equipment and determines material, parts, and equipment required. Some machines may be numerically controlled
- Monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures
Qualifications and requirements:
- Experience setting up and operating at least one of the following: manual mill, manual lathe, CNC milling center
- Manual and CNC machining experience – setting up and operate machine tools, lathes, milling machines
- Experience reading/interpreting blueprints and engineering specifications.
- Experience with standard shop math relating to dimensions of work
- Must have ability to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
- Must be able to work overtime
- Sheet metal and fabrication experience is a plus
- Vocational education a plus
- 5S and Lean manufacturing knowledge is a plus
- High school/GED diploma. AA Degree preferred
- 5 – 10 years machining experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment preferred
- 5+ years of experience with CNC lathe, milling machines
- Ability to read, write and interpret written instructions, blueprints, shop drawings and engineering specifications
- CAD/CAM experience on HAAS equipment
- Surfcam or Mastercam skills a plus
- Tool/Mold maker, prototype and Setup experience preferred
- Must be able to obtain an Active Secret Security clearance
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.