LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Quality Inspector for an opportunity in Goleta, CA.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
We are searching for a dynamic Quality Inspector to join our client’s team in Goleta, CA. The Quality Inspector performs a wide range of mechanical inspection operations from incoming inspection of piece parts to in-process and final assembly. Primary duties will include assisting in the daily departmental functions of inspection and development of procedures, assisting in the implementation of ISO 9001/AS9100:D, and assisting in defect reporting and trend evaluations.
- Perform inspections on incoming and in-process electronic assemblies and mechanical hardware.
- Capable and familiar using a CMM on complex machine parts.
- Weld inspection per AWS.
- Conducting of source inspections at vendor facilities.
- Insure that product is manufactured to the latest applicable configuration documentation.
- Prepare and review data submittal packages for end item deliverables.
- Prepare Deficiency Reports (DRs) for hardware, software, and documentation issues.
- Maintain, control and process non-conforming material.
- Assist in defect tracking and evaluation process, including trend evaluation to reduce recurrences.
- Generate Corrective Action Requests (CARs) for vendor quality rejections.
- Assist in the implementation of ISO 9000, and Procedure Development.
- Assist in coordination of failure analysis efforts.
- Promote cordial relationships and foster and maintain a favorable business profile with customers, suppliers, co-workers, industry and professional associations, government agencies and the local community.
- Detect drawing errors and referring these and other unusual conditions to supervisor.
- Observing all safety regulations.
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Ability to speak, read, and write the English language.
- Ability to read and interpret work instructions, engineering drawings, sketches, and test procedures to determine assembly and inspection methods for electrical and mechanical components.
- Ability to record accurate Inspection data and write a concise report of findings.
- Good interpersonal skills; pays attention to detail; and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to use mechanical and electrical measuring instruments (CCM, optical comparator, dial calipers, micrometers, multi-meters, etc.)
- Ability to conduct solder inspection utilizing microscope magnification.
- Basic understanding of mechanical machining, fabricating, plating and assembly processes.
- Basic understanding of electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Comprehensive understanding of SMT PWA technology.
- Ability to adapt to various job assignments with minimal direction/supervision.
- Familiar with IPC, ASTM, and Military Standards.
- ISO 9001/AS9100;D implementation experience a plus.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years of mechanical inspection in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong knowledge of GD&T Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing.
- ISO 9000 Lead Assessor and Implementation certification and experience a plus.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident with the ability to obtain US clearance.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Active Security clearance preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.