LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Test Electrical Engineer for an opportunity in Millersville, MD.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for creating, documenting, developing and implementing procedures used to process and test the company’s products. Design, install and debug special test equipment, tooling and capital equipment. Troubleshoots and recommends rework for developmental and production mechanical, electronic components, parts, equipment and systems. Primary focus is in the areas of signal conditioning electronics, network based telemetry systems, electronic instrumentation, test equipment, etc. Reads work instructions, engineering drawings, sketches, and test specifications/procedures to determine assembly and test methods for electrical and mechanical components.
- Determine and review all manufacturing test processes for cost effectiveness and feasibility.
- Design, develop and implement special tooling and test equipment as necessary to test subassemblies or products produced by the company. Coordinate with mechanical and electrical engineers to design custom test fixtures.
- Design and implement manufacturing test methods and processes that support product quality and quantity goals and objectives.
- Identify requirements for facilities, tooling, personnel, training, etc., necessary to test components, subassemblies and assemblies. Develop processes, methods, tooling and production controls for new programs; supervises their assembly and proofing.
- Support design engineering during the design / development process to ensure that the design represents a cost-effective solution in terms of reliability, predictability and supportability and meets the performance requirements over the life of the product.
- Compile, assess and analyze production test data. Recommend improvement strategies to improve yield.
- Provide engineering support by troubleshooting problems and effecting timely solutions to maintain the continuity of production flow.
- Set up routine maintenance schedules and suggest periodic upgrades of test equipment and fixtures.
- Promote cordial relationships and foster and maintain a favorable business profile with customers, suppliers, co-workers, industry and professional associations, government agencies and the local community.
- Ability to speak, read and write the English language.
- Able to mentally visualize and comprehend all aspects of a manufacturing equipment or tooling problem, understand the interrelationships of factors affecting a given situation and be attentive to detail.
- Capable of efficiently integrating existing methods with new innovations to economically solve production problems in a timely manner.
- Proven track record of new product bring-up in relevant technological fields.
Education & Experience:
- Four (4) year Electrical Engineering degree or a degree directly related to the Company’s assembly or production processing needs. Prior experience is strongly preferred but not required. Two (2) year degree in addition to knowledge gained through engineering related work experience may be substituted for four (4) educational requirements.
- Experience in test process development in similar products as manufactured by the company is preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.