The Quality Inspector is part of a Quality team that inspects circuit boards and other components. The Quality Inspector performs a variety of routine inspection procedures and determines the acceptance or rejection and rework requirements in accordance with quality assurance standards and customer specifications.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs assigned tasks in accordance with manufacturing process instructions (MPIs), production drawings, sample assemblies, and verbal instructions
- Follows proper Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) procedures at all times and is knowledgeable of and performs job in accordance with proper material handling procedures and guidelines
- Performs assigned work within defined labor standards, stated production schedules, and corporate quality goals
- Interprets and applies industry, customer and company defined specifications to a variety of complex products
- Visually inspects and verifies solder joint integrity, ensures all component values meet customer requirements and validates component leads are properly formed
- Inspects and identifies PTH and SMT components, including polarity, values and tolerances are required
- Performs some packaging, final QC functions and out of box audits of packaged assemblies according to company procedures, as required
- Ensures reworked assemblies meet IPC 7711/7721 Rework & Repair standards
- Performs defect data entry in the quality database
Qualifications and requirements:
- One year of Electronic Manufacturing experience
- Must have the minimum tools as required.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.