The Assembler assembles printed circuit boards, electronic components, subassemblies, or systems using a variety of materials, tools and documentation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reads and performs assigned tasks in accordance with manufacturing process instructions (MPIs), production drawings, sample assemblies, and verbal instructions
- Follows proper Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) procedures at all times and is knowledgeable of and performs job in accordance with proper material handling procedures and guidelines
- Performs essential complex assembly tasks, using power de-paneling and lead trimming equipment, pneumatic power tools and automated wash equipment
- Performs complex tasks in accordance with manufacturing process instructions (MPIs), production drawings, customer-provided documentation, sample assemblies, and verbal instructions
- Performs soldering of ‘plated’ through-hole (PTH) components or surface mount components (SMT) and displays a proficiency and ability to achieve IPC A 610 Class II workmanship standards
- Performs basic rework of PTH electronic assemblies to correct or modify according to instructions
- Performs on-line go-no-go testing and in line inspection to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and standards Specific to Box Build
Qualifications and requirements:
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.