LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Soldering Technician for an opportunity in Clearwater, FL
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uses microscope to verify correct part placement and orientation, manually align parts before soldering and perform post re-flow inspection and touch-up.
- Able to identify and touch up poor wetted solder joints, solder voids / insufficient solder, solder shorts/ bridges, misaligned parts / leads, tombstoned and or billboarded components and any out solder defects that may occur during the SMT operation.
- Must be able to read instructions and identify standard SMT components.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment where some overtime may be required.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time and focus on tedious tasks.
- Must have basic computer skills and have the ability to use several windows based programs as part of your daily routine.
- Obtain all necessary information to perform job assignment and report any discrepancies to appropriate personnel
- Plan, lay out, assemble, wire and solder complete electrical/electronic and mechanical equipment and apparatus such as PC boards, controls and control panels, assemblies.
- Read and interpret schematics and wiring diagrams to perform point-to-point assembly, where assemblies and subassemblies require wiring and soldering of large masses of wires in confined spaces
- Perform electrical/electronic and mechanical assembly tasks working as a member of an assembly team as assigned
Qualifications and requirements:
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of experience in a similar position and have above average surface mount and fine pitch soldering skills.
- Ability to work under a microscope for long periods of time to perform inspection / solder repair.
- Must be able to read and interpret assembly drawings.
- Strong communication and organizational skills and ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- Experience working in a LEAN Manufacturing environment desired
- Strong leadership, mentoring and training aptitude desired
- IPC-610 Certification desired
- IPC J-STD-001 Certification desired
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.