Pay: $24-$29 P/
Shift: 1st 6:00am – 2:30pm Monday – Friday
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a CNC Programmer in Coxsackie, New York.
Job Summary & Essential Functions: The following describes in general terms the purpose and scope of the position.
Supports the development, evaluation and improvement of manufacturing methods, workflow, throughput, space utilization and product quality based on knowledge of product design, materials, parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, capabilities, assembly and quality assurance standards.
• Completes daily MRR disposition transactions in BAAN.
• Performs operation time studies and updates BAAN standards.
• Creates and maintains Mfg. Eng. Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
• Supports creation and maintenance of Mfg. SOP’s.
• Coordinates improvement activities with Work Center Managers and Manufacturing Engineers to support manufacturing operations.
• Interfaces with colleagues, customers, vendors and others to understand requirements, assess feasibility of new/existing products, and improve production techniques.
• Provides data and feedback to other departments so decisions can be timely and optimized.
• Supports continuous improvement activities and the use of Lean Manufacturing principles based on systems thinking and the application of statistical methods throughout the manufacturing cells.
• Completes all Corrective Action Records (CAR’s) assigned to cell in timely manner.
• Red lines travelers and create rework planning.
• Makes planning changes in Master Planning and work orders in BAAN.
• Completes all programs in the New Product Deployment (NPD) database in a timely manner, including but not limited to, 2-axis waterjet, Laser QC, 5-axis waterjet, and Trumpf brake press programs. Additional programming not captured in the NPD database may be required.
• Leads and/or participates in kaizen events as needed.
• Works with the NPD team to deliver new products on time. Includes: capacity and capability assessment, process selection and development, tool selection and development, SOP development, cell design and implementation, control plan development, and capital project justification and implementation.
• Works with Tool Design team to create, modify, and repair tooling used for production.
• Aids in the training of new and existing employees.
• Direct supervisory responsibilities are not included in the job scope of the Manufacturing Engineering Technician. That said, a successful ME Tech has the ability to self-direct, and works effectively interdependently. The ability to influence others is essential.
• Responsible for the proper handling and management of hazardous waste generated in their work area.
• Must be willing and able to work overtime as necessary.
• Acceptable attendance is an essential function of the position.
• Performs other duties as assigned or required by the position.
Required Skills & Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, qualifications, competencies, abilities and any physical demands if required. Physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential requirements of this job.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret scientific and technical data, blueprints, specifications, etc.
• Ability to respond appropriately to inquiries from colleagues, customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
• Ability to write reports for distribution internally/external and/or publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
• Ability to effectively present information to top management, professional groups, peers, and subordinates.
• Ability to apply advanced mathematical and statistical concepts.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Must be proficient with MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), BAAN, CAD, and G,D &T experience a plus.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms.
• Must occasionally bend or stoop and climb ladders and equipment.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, extreme heat, and hazardous substances.
• Must be able to communicate effectively.
• Annual hearing test is required.
• Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the outlined experience level, education, training, minimum years of experience, product or industry knowledge plus any certifications in order to be considered
• High School diploma is required; Associates degree preferred.
• 5-10 years of specific process experience is essential, along with a proven track record of successful process improvement initiatives.
Work Environment and Safety Equipment Required: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Safety glasses, safety shoes and other designated personal protective equipment as required for the position.
• Working conditions are: 50% office and 50% manufacturing environment.
• Exposure to noise, heat and hazardous substances.
• Hearing protection is required in designated areas.
• Safety glasses (ANSI Z87 compliant) required in all manufacturing areas.
• Fully enclosed shoes of solid, leather construction with a steel or composite toe cap (ANSI Z41 compliant) must be worn in all manufacturing areas, including the Shipping / Receiving areas.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.