Pay: $16-$24 per hour, depending on experience
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Repairs and maintains 53’ semi-trailers by performing preventative maintenance and heavy-duty repairs to satisfy customer needs.
- Mechanics complete all needed repairs keeping quality, safety, and expediency at the forefront.
- Train, motivate and assist technician staff as a shop leader.
- Communicate and liaise among the Company’s leadership/employees, customers, and affiliates.
- Uphold company standards of quality and safety.
- Perform all types of semi-trailer maintenance and repair, including suspension, brakes. running gears, welding and fabrication.
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Use hand and power tools such as electric drills, grinders, die grinders and other like tools to complete the required operations
- Test and inspect equipment after repairs are completed• Properly document all equipment maintenance, repairs and installations into electronic maintenance program/completion of paperwork.• Assist intermediate technicians when needed.• Maintain a clean and safe workspace at all times.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 3 years heavy-duty tractor-trailer repair B Level
- 7 years heavy-duty tractor-trailer repair experience A Level Knowledge
- Ability to adjust and/or stray from regular work routine in order to accommodate customers’ and internal employee requests
- Effectively communicate and report progress to Officers, Managers, and Employees of the company, as well as, customers, vendors and affiliates, as assigned.
- Ability to actively listen and meet or exceed customer expectations regarding quality and consistency of services and care
- Follow-up on requirements/requests/projects/actions after completion to ensure success
- Ability to effectively work in all weather conditions including extreme heat & cold, and snow & rain
- Knowledge of Industry Repair Standards
- Ability to follow and ensure safety standards and recognize hazards to insure personal and communal/public safety
- Wear applicable personal protective equipment (PPE), when and where appropriate and manage subordinates to the same standards
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.