Flight Test Mechanical Design Engineer
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Flight Test Engineer with extensive aerospace manufacturing experience in Savannah, GA.
Job Summary: The Flight Test Mechanical Design Engineer will support the Integrated Fighter Group (IFG) Flight Test team working on F-35, F-16, or F-22 aircraft. The candidate will be required to perform mechanical design activities for the installation of flight test equipment and data system components. The candidate will be responsible for releasing engineering documents, work instructions, supporting airworthiness documentation, monitoring fabrication activities, coordinating lab procedures, and supporting aircraft checkout and flight operations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development, installation oversight, and validation of 3D CATIA flight test mechanical designs.
- Coordination with suppliers, internal and external integrated product teams, management and the customer.
- Technical engineering support for installation and testing at CONUS and OCONUS locations.
- Engineering liaison for flight test and instrumentation modification activities.
- Produce and read engineering drawings, schematics and technical procedures
- Develop troubleshooting plans and discrepancy resolution
Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a Master’s degree
- Experience with CATIA V5 or V4
- Experience in flight test mechanical design
- Understanding of sensor technology utilized in the test of aircraft structures (loads and vibration) and vehicle subsystems (environmental control systems, flight controls, propulsion, and aerodynamics)
- Experience with or knowledge of calibration methods for test and evaluation of both mechanical measurements and electronic sensors
- Familiarity with fighter aircraft technical data, maintenance practices, flight operations, and weapons
- Understanding of aircraft avionics subsystems and electronic bus architectures including 1553, Ethernet, and Firewire protocols
- Good communication and people skills with the ability to work in a diverse engineering and technician team environment
This position will require a government security clearance, but it is not required to start on the assignment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.