School Bus Technician
Shift: $17-$19 P/H DOE
Pay: 12:30-8:30 once school starts, for time being first shift M-F 8AM-5PM
LAUNCH TransTechs is looking for experienced school bus technicians to do routine and preventative maintenance on an extensive fleet of diesel-powered school buses.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance on an extensive fleet of diesel-powered school buses.
- Assist with frequent DOT inspections that they regularly conduct on site.
- Diagnose malfunctions and perform vehicle repairs; Steering, electrical, cooling, brake systems, drive trains, suspension, transmissions, etc.
- Identifies and reports any additional maintenance and/or repairs found necessary in conducting assigned repairs and maintenance.
- Maintain a safe, clean and productive work area.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Equivalent of high school diploma or GED.
- Must have own tools.
- Must have steel toe boots
- Must have 3+ years of experience
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to pass CRIM & DMV Checks.
- Must be able to pass DOT Physical.
- Must be able to pass FMCSA DOT Drug Screen.
- Must be able to pass EMP Check CDL strongly preferred not required.
- CDL – strongly preferred
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds, spending time bending, climbing and stooping.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.