Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sources, negotiates and purchases machinery, equipment, tools, raw material, packaging materials, parts, services, and/or supplies necessary for operation of an organization.
- Compiles and analyzes statistical data to determine the feasibility of buying products and to establish price objectives.
- Monitors the performance of suppliers.
- Compiles information to keep informed on price trends and manufacturing processes.
- Evaluates areas of opportunity to leverage material acquisitions.
- Tracks data to keep informed on price trends and manufacturing processes.
- Negotiates with suppliers and analyzes suppliers’ operations to determine factors that affect prices and to determine lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules.
- Reviews proposals, negotiates prices, selects or recommends suppliers, analyzes trends, follows up orders placed, verifies delivery, approves payment, and maintains necessary records.
- May prepare requests for proposals (RFP) and bid packages.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must have experience with FAR, DFAR, SAP
- Position is eligible for remote work at the beginning of the assignment until the reopening phases are complete, must be okay with being in the facility full time.
- 1+ years of SAP experience required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.