Rate: Market rate in the area. Flexible
Shift: 1st M-F 8-5pm
The role of the Manufacturing Engineer is to evaluate manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators
The essential function of this position will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop and document the manufacturing processes necessary to produce an end item component from customer drawings.
- Develop tooling concepts and tool drawings to support production.
- Analyze existing manufacturing process flows for quality enhancement, cost reduction and throughput improvement.
- Maintain all documentation to the latest requirements.
- Coordinate with production and tool room personnel in the production and delivery of company products.
- Coordinate with Quality personnel in the development of process control techniques.
- Support company manufacturing and supply chain through trouble shooting and technical problem resolution.
- Estimate labor hours and material content associated with new part proposals.
- Participate in the development of new techniques associated with company core competencies in close tolerance machining of aerospace alloys.
The Manufacturing Engineer reports directly to the Engineering Manager and has the support responsibility to all functional directors and managers.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory:
- CNC and conventional machining background.
- Ability to read drawings and understand GD&T.
- Ability to read and understand aerospace and military specs.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with manufacturing.
- Knowledge of computer aided design (CAD) and manufacturing software (CAM) preferably AutoCAD, Inventor, Solidworks, MasterCAM.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and manage projects effectively.
- Detail and precision oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to create manufacturing plans using ERP system.
- Experience with Infor Visual ERP a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands/fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands & arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; & stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/ or move up to 50lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, & ability to focus. Safety glasses or side shields for prescription glasses are mandatory.