Rate: Market rate in the area. Flexible
Shift: 1st M-F 8-5pm
The role of the CNC Programmer is to provide programming, planning, and machining expertise in support of the Engineering Department and client requests.
The essential function of this position will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop CNC programs using Mastercam for 3-5 axis mills and multi axis Lethes based on engineering drawings and models. (may consider other software, such as Gibbs, Catia, Inventor, SolidWorks, & Pro-E)
- Configure tools and ensure efficient production.
- Analyze drawings, blueprints, and design data to calculate correct part dimension for machines, tool selection, machine speeds, and feed rates.
- Communicate recommendations to modify processes to improve productivity and quality.
- Carry out other duties reasonable within capability as required by the Production Manager.
- Monitor output and proper operation of mechanical equipment. Make mechanical and/or program adjustments to ensure parts are meeting quantity and quality requirements.
- Design and build fixtures, tools, and jigs
- Experience with Makino equipment (MAG3, A81/A88, MMC pallet system) is a plus
The CNC Programmer reports directly to the Engineering Manager and has the support responsibility to all functional directors and managers.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory:
- High school diploma or equivalent, Associates Degree or certification in related field preferred.
- 3 – 5 years’ CNC Programming experience, operating, troubleshooting, and set-ups.
- Experience with Mastercam or equivalent as well as fixture / tool design software.
- Proficient understanding of G-code and M-code programming.
- Experienced in blue print reading with GD&T capabilities.
- Ability to read and comprehend a variety of instructions and standard operating procedures.
- Strong analytical skills and practical problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to work well with others.
- Experience in the aerospace industry is strongly preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands/fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands & arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; & stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/ or move up to 50lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, & ability to focus. Safety glasses or side shields for prescription glasses are mandatory.