Packaging Machine Operator
Pay: $14.64 P/H
Shift: 2nd or 3rd shift
Packaging Machine Operator 1
The Packaging Machine Operator is responsible for setting up and operating assigned packaging machines and statistical weighers, in order to pack the optimum number of quality packages of product.
- Set-up and operate multiple packaging machines to ensure accurate code dates and weights and that the correct product is put into correct bags.
- Ensure that each bag is properly coded, dated and sealed with a minimum amount of wasted product and supplies.
- Responsible for ensuring that the product to be packed remains clean.
- Keeps assigned machines and area clean and safe.
- Perform basic preventative maintenance on packaging machines, to include cleaning and changing knives/blades, pull-belts, tape machines, and rollers
- Clean and sanitize lines during changeovers from one product to another
- Responsible for inspection of conveyors and scales prior to line start-up and changeovers
- Will be required to clean using chemicals and protective gear
- Other duties as assigned
- Overtime may be required
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 lbs from floor to waist.
- Must have at least 1 year of packaging machine operator experience in a high-speed manufacturing environment.
- Must have excellent communication skills and ability to communicate with co-workers at all levels.
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Potential allergens can be: parmesan, garlic, salt, particular oils (i.e. sunflower).
- Must be able to work in a warm environment.
- Must have the capability to stand while at work station(s).
- Must be capable of climbing stairs.
- Must be capable of cleaning with chemicals using protective gear.
- Preferred 1 year of continuous employment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.